State Law In


  • What does state law say?

    Current state criminal statutes do not address social hosting. However, some communities may have local ordinances on social hosting that can include fines and other penalties.

  • Can the adult be sued?

    A person who has suffered injury, death or any other damage caused by an intoxicated person, may bring a claim or cause of action against any person who sold or otherwise furnished alcoholic beverages to the intoxicated person, if: the intoxicated person was younger than the legal age for the consumption of alcoholic beverages at the time the alcoholic beverages were sold or furnished; and the person who sold or furnished the alcoholic beverages knew or ought reasonably to have known that the intoxicated person was younger than the legal age.

  • Are there liability limits to the amount of money the adult can be sued for?

    Not specified.