State Law In


  • What does state law say?

    Current state statutes do not apply in the case of criminal causes, however, civil social hosting liability laws do exist. HRS 663-41 states that any person 21 or older who sells, furnishes, or providers alcohol to a person under 21, or owns, occupies, or controls premises on which alcoohlic beverages are consumers by anyone under the age of 21 and could have reasonablity prevented such consumptions shall be liable for all inurieis or damages caused by the underage individual.

  • What happens if an adult breaks the law?

    Adults who are charged with this violation face a misdemeanor.

  • Can adult do anything to rescind the violation?

    Acceptable defenses are the exceptions specified in the law

  • Can the adult be sued?

    Any person 21 years or older who owns occupies, or controls premises on which alcoholic beverages are consumed by any person under 21, is liable for all injuries or damages caused by the intoxicated person.

  • Are there liability limits to the amount of money the adult can be sued for?

    Not specified.