State Law In


  • What does state law say?

    State statute states that any person who can be proven to have provided alcohol beverages or a place to consumer alcoholic beverages for any person under age of 21 is civilly liable for any damages up to a period of 1 year. Does not apply if the person providing alcoholic beverages is a parent or guardian.

  • Can the adult be sued?

    If a social host knowingly serves an alcoholic beverage to a person under 21 or provides a place for a person under 21 a place to consume alcoholic person, and the person under 21 injures or causes damage to a third person because of intoxication, then the social host is civilly liable to the third person or his or her estate.

  • Are there liability limits to the amount of money the adult can be sued for?

    Maximum of $150,000.