TRI Science Addiction The Partnership at

Send a Link to this Page Via Email

State Law In


What does state law say?

It is against the law to knowingly permit the possession or consumption of alcohol by an underage person.

Premises includes, but is not limited to, a rented, leased or donated hotel or motel room, a manufactured home or any other non-licensed public or private facility.

Residence or premises that are owned, rented, leased, or subleased by a person.

What happens if an adult breaks the law?

Adults who are charged with this violation face a fine of not more than $750 and/or imprisonment for not more than 6 months.  This is a misdemeanor.

Can adult do anything to rescind the violation?

Not addressed.

Are there liability limits to the amount of money the adult can be sued for?

Not specified.

Share This Page

Select Another State?

Are there local laws that I should be aware of?

It is possible. Check with your local municipality since there are some communities that enact additional local ordinances which can include fines and other penalties.