TRI Science Addiction The Partnership at

Send a Link to this Page Via Email

State Law In

North Dakota

What does state law say?

Current state criminal statutes do not address social hosting.  However, some communities may have local ordinances on social hosting that can include fines and other penalties.

Can the adult be sued?

A person who is injured by an obviously intoxicated person can sue any person who knowingly disposes, sells, barters, or gives away alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 years of age, an incompetent, or an obviously intoxicated person, and if death ensues, the survivors of the decedent are entitled to damages.

Are there liability limits to the amount of money the adult can be sued for?

Not specified.

Share This Page

Select Another State?

Are there local laws that I should be aware of?

It is possible. Check with your local municipality since there are some communities that enact additional local ordinances which can include fines and other penalties.